Sally Beauty brought me on board to lead the integration development effort for their new customer loyalty program. This capital project includes creating a new robust, flexible and performant service layer between their in-house CRM, POS & website systems with third-party vendors. Connectivity points are primarily RESTful services with some SQL Server. My responsibilities include:
- Participate in analysis sessions with the business, followed by technical design sessions with architects and leads from other teams.
- Work directly with vendors to establish technical requirements.
- Direct the development team on design patterns and best practices, and enforce them with code reviews.
- Be the liaison between the project manager and the development team.
- Train new team members unfamiliar with BizTalk.
- and of course create several interfaces for this project.
Other accomplishments include:
- Integrated SharePoint with Oracle to keep capital project requests in sync.
- Designed a service to authenticate retail store associates against iSeries.
- Continued support and maintenance of existing applications.